2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the general consensus of a spring upgrade to either H&R or Eibach? Anyone gone down that route and if so did it have a really negative effect on the ride quality?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I always put Eibach's on every car I own. I have just put them on my 2013 Civic TI and as well as improving the looks, the handling is better with only a minimal decrease in ride quality. being progressive rate springs, they are almost the same in normal driving and only load up under strain. H & R tend to be a little firmer but stll a good spring, but for me it's Eibach every time (and I use their sway bars - which they don't make as yet sadly - and wheel spacers too which make it look and feel even better).

·
Dutch
1,935 Posts
I always put Eibach's on every car I own. I have just put them on my 2013 Civic TI and as well as improving the looks, the handling is better with only a minimal decrease in ride quality. being progressive rate springs, they are almost the same in normal driving and only load up under strain. H & R tend to be a little firmer but stll a good spring, but for me it's Eibach every time (and I use their sway bars - which they don't make as yet sadly - and wheel spacers too which make it look and feel even better).

Do you have picuters of your car, how much lowered??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Literally just had it done a few days ago, so it will settle a little over the next couple of weeks. it lowers it about an inch (25mm) all round so it looks a bit better but you can still drive it everywhere without scraping.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Literally just had it done a few days ago, so it will settle a little over the next couple of weeks. it lowers it about an inch (25mm) all round so it looks a bit better but you can still drive it everywhere without scraping.
Photos would be great, any issues with scraping the front bumper on speed bumps and the likes?

·
Registered
56 Posts
For whatever reason I am not allowed to post attachments, but as soon as I am able I will put a picture or 2 on. have only had one issue with front lip on a fairly extreme dip, but in day to day driving it is fine, but I certainly wouldn't go any lower as the front is low enough already.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts