2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys,

all of a sudden my window washer has stopped squirting water when i pull the lever. :confused::confused:
the water ran out on fri so i filled her up after washing the car today and to my surprise nothing happened when i tried.

i pulled into the garage and tried to put more water in , the thing was still full!!!

i can hear the usual hum noise and the wipers go but no water .....

any one had this problem???? help appreciated

·
Hairy Northerner
165 Posts
Sounds like when it ran out, its forced a bit of sediment from the bottom of the reservoir through the pipe.

Solution: Get a tin of compressed air from somewhere like PC World or Currys.
Disconnect the tube from the reservoir and give it a good blast of air through the pipe and reconnect it to the reservoir.
Refill and try washing again :)

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
I run out of water... filled up.. pressing squirt button for an eternity... nothing (I could hear motor buzzing).
Had same issue few years ago.
Than after some drive, and trying again - it worked.

It's a bit weird....

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Facts About Glass Cleaners.

Many glass cleaners contain ammonia, which is a great grease cutter but has some significant disadvantages when it comes to cars.

1. Ammonia can release dangerous fumes that should not be inhaled, especially in enclosed areas like the inside of your vehicle.

2. Chemically, ammonia acts to dry out plastic, rubber, vinyl, and leather.

3. Most significantly, in sunnier climates, car owners often customize with additional non-factory tinting. Ammonia based cleaners cannot be used on tinted windows. If your current cleaner does not state “ammonia-free” or “safe for tinted windows” you should find another cleaner.
Etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts