2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. I have two problems, one which bothers me for some years and I didn't find the time to deal with it and it is a knoking noice from the dashboard's left side. Maybe inside the glovebox or above it. This noise appears only ehen I leave the car for a long time in the sun of some reason. The other noise is like a squeak metallic noise coming from inside the dashboard. I really don't know where is coming from. Any Ideas for possible points of those noises?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
I have a same squeak inside my dash also, only really hear it over rough road where the car is shaking most, well, assume it's in the dash somewhere anyway.

·
Oldboy-racer
908 Posts
I have the same too. I thought it was glove box light which had fallen down the back but i retrieved that recently and the noise still comes and goes.
A fix would be great. Sounds like A common problem.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The strange with this noise, at least in my case comes when the car gets hot. I am sure is somewhere above the glovebox near the left pillar. The metallic noise which I have is not easy to be located.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
]Hi people, I have an annoying squeak that is driving me nuts!

Last week I booked the car in with my uncle to have a look at the p-side suspension, bushes etc and found nothing as that's where it's coming from.

It also didn't help that the squeak disappeared the Friday morning I took it to him after annoying me for months. Its a self aware squeak!

Its now returned and really winding me up.

I think its the dash now so may try to get in there to inspect and fix but not sure how difficult this is.

It appears that temperature affects "the squeaks" attendance.

Any hints or tips as I can't live with it as its driving my crazy literally....

I'm sure its plastic related too so have any of you took the dash apart by the p side glove box.

Thanks Nic

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts