2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I've done a video (audio is quite clear too) I'll upload it tonight - Silly 3G connection keeps on failing on me.

Silly question - If I take the wheel off would a warped disc be pretty visable? Or is it only a couply of mm? If I lay a straight edge (metal ruler or similar) across it would this be enough to pick up any high/low points?

Edit: P.s. Thanks for the replies
You wont notice a warped disc with the bear eye.
I had 'warped disc' but they didnt squeek, only massive, droning vibrations under braking.
I do think there's a tool you can buy to check it. Dont know how its called though, some else will come along and provide you with the info :)

i've also recently read that a warped disc is a myth. Its caused by uneven deposition on the disc by the brake pads resulting in a varying thickness....

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I only have a limited knowledgde but that really sounds disc or brakepad related to me. Combined with your vibration under braking i would look in to the 'warped' disc route. Get the discs off, give them a thorough clean (in case it IS only brake pad material build up). If not i would change the front discs.
Was this video taken with hot or warm discs?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.