2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I went to move my CTR back into the position it usually is in the drive tonight and it started making a squeeking and squeeling noise. It happened a little when I was driving forward, but it happens more when on full lock or reversing.

I took it out for a wee run and all seemed to be well until I got home again :(

I will have a look at it again in the morning when its light and when its not -1 outside.

Anyone got any ideas? I did think it was maybe a stone lodged in the brake but i've given the brakes a good pump and they seem fine.

Any 'helpfull' thoughts would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Hi Guys,

I went to move my CTR back into the position it usually is in the drive tonight and it started making a squeeking and squeeling noise. It happened a little when I was driving forward, but it happens more when on full lock or reversing.

I took it out for a wee run and all seemed to be well until I got home again :(

I will have a look at it again in the morning when its light and when its not -1 outside.

Anyone got any ideas? I did think it was maybe a stone lodged in the brake but i've given the brakes a good pump and they seem fine.

Any 'helpfull' thoughts would be much appreciated.

Has your car been stood over a longish period?Just thinking maybe one of the pads is sticking a little in the caliper because of that.

After a drive,a hand against each wheel or even better caliper,would probably identify the offending corner if it were down to a binding brake.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Sounds more like the power steering drive belt. Maybe some dampness causing a slight slip. Should go away, but if not get the Dealer to tension properly

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys. My car is now used on a almost daily basis at the moment so its not berern standing still.

It does look like it could be a stone in the rear drivers side brake so I will give the car a good blast round the local roads today before the weather turns again. I would of last night but due to the ice I decided against doing anything drastic. I did however think taking it onto the City Bypass and going from 60 to an almost stand still may have helped dislodge it but it didn't :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts