2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
mine are the same but it's very loud so it makes crawling in city traffic horrendous I have noticed as well that they are even louder when breaking with the wheel at full lock.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Fortunately my brakes do not squeal. My Honda Civic is assembled in Turkey. It is equipped with Ate calipers and brake pads. I can read on the brake pads: Honda, Ate, Italy.
I just wonder if Honda is using different brands of brakes in different factories.

·
Registered
156 Posts
3k miles and the squealing brakes has raised it's head, took to dealer " seem fine to us" phone call to Honda UK and take back to dealer again, they can't fault them, told me to make a recording of the noise, anyone already done this in the UK that can send me their recording please?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just over 1200 miles and have had the squeal of doom for a little while now. It is a bit hit and miss - happens randomly, and only occurs under light breaking. Made an enquiry with the dealer, who displayed chocolate teapot levels of usefulness

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I put in a formal complaint to Honda about it and after a week got this back

"Upon receiving your email, I contacted ***Dealer*** to see if they had carried out the steps that are advised from Honda (UK) to improve the issue of sound with the brakes. The dealership confirmed that they had not taken these steps on your vehicle and we have requested that they contact you to make arrangements to have this carried out."

no contact from the dealer yet but to be honest from issues they caused to the car on delivery I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I changed my front pads last week for EBC Ultimax 2 £35 delivered and no more squeal at low speed and the braking is far better. And interestingly the Honda pads I took off were manufactured in Italy and you can see that the pad material is flecked with metal. Job well done😀

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
After weeks of chasing to even get a phone call back I'm getting the front pads swapped over this friday, hopefully that solves the issue.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Pad have now been swapped out, done two days of driving and no sound at all from them but we'll see.
One thing I've noticed that would be good to confirm with others is that the new pads appear to be alot better in the sense of stopping power than the first ones, anyone else that's had pads swapped notice this?

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Yes back in 2017 on my first one. So bought the EBC pads and no further issues. On my 2019 model once the squealing started I went straight to a new set of EBC pads. No issues since

61 - 75 of 75 Posts