2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

HAve any of you had problems with your seats sqeaking. In January the car went in to have some rattles looked at and while i was out on the test drive letting the guy listen i said about my squeaking drivers seat, he said he would look into it and as it turns out he said there was a fault with the frame and a new one was ordered, fitted job done no more squeak.

Now low and behold, the passenger seat is squeaking exactly the same, so im going to take it again to see if they will change that one as well.

Just wonderd if anyone else had the same problems, i cant find anything in the search bar. the noise comes from the back of the seat, not the bit you put your bum on, and its worst when you get in or out.

BTW, its a 55 plate, with 17000 miles on the clock

Thanks
Adrian

·
Registered
1 Posts
My seat has just started squeaking along with the front suspension and the buzzing from the dashboard, of course when i went out for a test drive with the Honda tech to point out the noises all was silent. Have to turn up the radio to stop from goin mad.

Gary

·
Registered
8 Posts
My seat has just started squeaking along with the front suspension and the buzzing from the dashboard, of course when i went out for a test drive with the Honda tech to point out the noises all was silent. Have to turn up the radio to stop from goin mad.

Gary
Hi there, Codiac, you mentioned a buzzing noise from the dash, have you had that looked at or fixed yet. Just wanted to know what it is. My car has a similar noise from the dash. Have had it back at the dealer several times in relation to this fault and every time they took it for a drive the problem dissappeared. The service engineer on my last visit said he suspected it to be faulty relays in the dash not closing properly, and has contacted Honda for approval in replacing them. Still waiting on reply from Honda.

John

·
Registered
676 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't think so! There is a very low chance of that!:oops:

try to look/search in the bugs and fault section for dasbord noises.
there are a lot of ideas, suggestions

link:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1396
Thanks for your reply, but this is not a squeeking or rubbing noise, and is present even when the car is stationary. Noise also intensify when you rev the engine. Sounds like a load of moths or insects fluttering about inside the steering column. Like a crackling or sparking noise.

Magoo

·
Registered
676 Posts
try to press the edge of the dash over the rev counter...
and go left and right on that edge and press it at different points..

and one more thing change the positions of the airflow flaps
the round one in the dash was buzzing but I just moved it a bit and became silent again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts