2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else experienced this?

I notice it particularly when I do a 3-point turn at the end of my street...the steering wheel has started to make a whimper/squeak on the last 1/3 turn of the wheel :confused: its not even annoying, or particularly loud, and the steering feels fine, just looking for any ideas as to what it could be :popcorn2:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Mine does the same but only after a longish drive eg 50 miles. The squeaking when turning lock to lock in parking is then very loud. However after being left over night to cool down the squeak goes.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As I mentioned on the other thread, I believe this noise is coming from the steering wheel/column asembly rather than the suspension components, as the noise cannot be heard under the bonnet when outside the car...sounds like plastic/rubber rubbing against something :popcorn2:

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Morning folks. Just got my car back from the stealer after it was in for a few "niggles". Funnily enough, the standard response was "it's normal for a Civic"...i'm happy to accept this as i really just wanted piece of mind and they were just basic niggles/

One of them was the squealing when doing a 3 point or anything requiring full lock, other threads point to bump stops. The response from the mechanic, "it's normal for a Civic" To prove this, we jumped into 2 others, almost new, and they were identical!

So there you have it....doesn't really answer the question but gives us food for thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts