2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help!
So this morning I was on my way to work and I got in my car and the car started to squeak it carried on when I was going around corners too but after a while it stopped squeaking, I'm not sure if it's my suspension shockers or springs and when I was driving it sounds like I have a flat tire on the passenger side even though I haven't.

Any help would appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,288 Posts
Was the squeak from the back or front?
The rear end will squeak sometimes because the bushes inside the rear shocks get dry (we've just had a month or more of unusually hot weather) and once they have bounced up and down a few times they go quiet. This is normal but there is was a warranty fix that your Honda dealer might remember which involves a special tool to apply grease into the shock. It won't be free now and is only temporary.

Das is most likely right about the front.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was the squeak from the back or front?
The rear end will squeak sometimes because the bushes inside the rear shocks get dry (we've just had a month or more of unusually hot weather) and once they have bounced up and down a few times they go quiet. This is normal but there is was a warranty fix that your Honda dealer might remember which involves a special tool to apply grease into the shock. It won't be free now and is only temporary.

Das is most likely right about the front.
The squeak was from the front so it must be the shocks getting too dry, I'm going to take it too the garage tomorrow and get them to have a look and see if they can find anything.

When I was also jacking up the car and taking a wheel off I noticed a snapped off piece of plastic on the floor so I'm not sure where this has come from

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took my car to the garage and apparently the black plastic bit is apart of my alloy wheel spacer as I have after market alloys, how much do these roughly cost?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I took my car to the garage and apparently the black plastic bit is apart of my alloy wheel spacer as I have after market alloys, how much do these roughly cost?

They're not expensive a few quid. Your centre bore on your wheels is larger, so it's a ring to reduce the diameter.

As for the squeeks, it's hard to diagnose as the civic has a few common noises. I just replaced my top mounts to cure some noises mainly when turning the wheel when parked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts