2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as title says i had honda replace the rears last june? so im pretty sure they should be fine, so im guessing that it must be the fronts? really annoying to be honest only with moderate pressure just wondering whats causing it and how easy a fix is it?

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
lol anyone?
Have a look on my recent thread about brakes and you should find a few peoples opinions. It could still be the rears squeaking maybe due to bad pads, warped disc, pads not greased and seated properly etc so firstly would be to diagnose where the noise is coming from then go form there.

Hope thats some help

·
Registered
15 Posts
Suffered from squeeky rear brakes as well. Turns out the hand brake cable was too tight and pads were dragging on disks. Once they got hot after a short drive they would start to squeek at certain speeds and leave the disks red hot. I blamed the Honda dealer for this after they fitted a new handbrake mechanism in the recall and adjusted the cable too tight. Anyway to fix it I jacked up the rear and adjusted the cable myself. The Civic does seem to have notoriously poor handbrake strengh and mine has only just scraped through the MOT. Bottom line is don't trust the handbrake and always leave it in gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.