2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to be a common thing with these cars and the car I've just bought is no exception. I sprayed ACF50 on the pedal pivot point the other day and that seems to have helped a bit. I'm going to try spraying some more soon and see if I can eradicate the squeak altogether. It's not so bad as to be severely irritating and as long as it doesn't get any worse it'll be tolerable.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just picked up my fn2 last week and guess what clutch started squeaking, It's best to use silicone lubricant or some brunox suspension fork lube spray, spraying the rod which enters the master cylinder gets rid of the squeak for me. It's important to spray the top of this rod when the clutch pedal is fully depressed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just picked up my fn2 last week and guess what clutch started squeaking, It's best to use silicone lubricant or some brunox suspension fork lube spray, spraying the rod which enters the master cylinder gets rid of the squeak for me. It's important to spray the top of this rod when the clutch pedal is fully depressed.
Ok. I couldn't really see the rod. I could barely see the pivot point. Looks like I'm going to need to practice my contortionist skills to get my head far enough under the dash.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Some people remove the trim underneath the steering wheel to get a better view but I just stick a torch under there and get my head right under and the rod is visible enough to spray in the right spot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some people remove the trim underneath the steering wheel to get a better view but I just stick a torch under there and get my head right under and the rod is visible enough to spray in the right spot.
Thanks, I might try removing the trim then. I tried with a torch but still couldn't see much.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Its a very common fault with these cars. 2 Solutions I recommend:

1) WD40 Lithium grease works a charm on these son of a guns, or even Comma CV grease to alienate the squeak.

2) Another thing you can try is draining and bleeding the older clutch fluid with a more premium quality clutch fluid such as Mobil1 DOT4 fluid. This helped me resolve a squeaky clutch.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I'v the same problem! booked in with Honda next week (hopefully under warranty) and i'll keep the tread updated on what they say....!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts