2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a really obnoxious noise coming from my clutch pedal, it doesn't tend to be there when I have my foot more than 3/4 down on the Honda Type S 2.2 2008.

My local mechanic briefly took a look and mentioned it could be some ball bearings but probably wouldn't be worth changing, does anyone have any experience or advise?

Thanks

·
Administrator
17,941 Posts
It's usually the pedal pivot bushes that get dry. Plenty of threads on here about it.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,229 Posts
Welcome to the Honda Civic and the factory fitted squeaky clutch :grin2: You get used to it after a few year :wink3:

This is quite a common issue with the 8G Civic. WD40 and other lubricants may make the noise go away but it'll sure as S!*t be back at some point.. Didn't bother me after a while and it got to the stage where I didn't notice it.

And you've picked a very nice car, clutch pedal aside :smile3:

·
Registered
48 Posts
There is a permanent fix... My cousin works for honda so he is the one that takes care of my cars... He unmount the cylinder and put some lubricant paste inside of it. Until now never got that sound again. If done properly can be a permanent fix for the noise

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
My clutch pedal was squeaking really bad, i got rid of it a few times by using gt85 spray, but after a year of putting up with it i thought i'll just have a new master cylinder fitted which cost £300, it was brilliant no squeak, but six months later it's started to come back again.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Welcome to the Honda Civic and the factory fitted squeaky clutch :grin2: You get used to it after a few year :wink3:
Just got my car back from the mechanics today and they said aside from the noisy clutch pedal which drove the test driver nuts just going round the block, there was little else wrong. Personally I hardly even notice it anymore so don't even bother with the silicone spray fix now.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,229 Posts
Just got my car back from the mechanics today and they said aside from the noisy clutch pedal which drove the test driver nuts just going round the block, there was little else wrong. Personally I hardly even notice it anymore so don't even bother with the silicone spray fix now.
To be fair, I found it odd when I changed car as there's no squeak that I'd put up with for 4 years.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
My fix was a squirt of decent spray grease (I use motorcycle chain grease) up the pushrod and into the inside of the master cylinder - it's worked for me for the last three years after my father in law put up with it squeeking for 8 years...

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,229 Posts
My fix was a squirt of decent spray grease (I use motorcycle chain grease) up the pushrod and into the inside of the master cylinder - it's worked for me for the last three years after my father in law put up with it squeeking for 8 years...
I found turning the radio up worked better :wink3:

·
Oldboy-racer
908 Posts
Yes motorcycle chain grease is thick, sticky and will stay in place.
There was a common issue with the clutch pedal clicking aswell. I had mine changed some 80k ago under warranty and it has been fine since but I will remember the MC grease if it does. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts