2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ad a similar problem with my Type R championship edition. The problem was that the plastic bush which sits on the clutch pedal and pivots when you press the clutch had a crack. This caused the squeak. Replace the plastic bush.

Cheers

·
Reasonable Tenor voice
617 Posts
Mine has just started squeaking like mad. This was after I left the window open over 3 days in the driving rain (Yes I am stupid) The inside was soaked, so I drove about with the heater full on for a bit, to dry it all out. There may be no connection but now the squeak has started.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had mine replaced a few months ago and its still going strong :) If your cars are still under warranty then i would suggest getting them in for repair. I got a new pedal box and master cylinder.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I had mine replaced a few months ago and its still going strong :) If your cars are still under warranty then i would suggest getting them in for repair. I got a new pedal box and master cylinder.
Same here, had mine done today for around £520 at my main dealer. Its like new now, lets see if these updated parts last a few years longer.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Just a tip for those suffering from the dreaded squeak.

I've found a sophisticated method of pressing down on the clutch pedal really fast and really hard about a dozen times rids the squeaking, initially it went for a few days and when I noticed it coming back I'd do it again a few times, it's now been 3 days solid and I've not heard anything out of it.

·
Newb
289 Posts
Just a tip for those suffering from the dreaded squeak.

I've found a sophisticated method of pressing down on the clutch pedal really fast and really hard about a dozen times rids the squeaking, initially it went for a few days and when I noticed it coming back I'd do it again a few times, it's now been 3 days solid and I've not heard anything out of it.
im pretty sure i've done that out of pure anger with no intention of trying to fix it and nothing happened :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Clutch pedal creak at the bottom end of clutch in is one noise, I've still got that going on now. Another noise that I had recently was a notchy and stiff clutch pedal feel and very audible squeak when pushing the clutch in ( most noticeable when doing this while car is at a stand still) . This was easily fixed by Honda by lubricating a ball joint at the end of the clutch arm... An easy fix for something that felt and sounded much more major problem.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I fitted my K&N panel filter yesterday and so far so good, the engine sounds very nice and growley at cold start and general driving in lower gears is more fluid and smoother.

Cant say Ive noticed much difference beyond 4k in terms of sound though, to me it sounds like it did before (which was fairly good anyway!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.