2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
The silicone spray fix worked on my squeaky clutch for about a year, but the squeak came back after that. I then mentioned the problem to Honda when the car was in for a service and they re-greased it for me without charge- that was about two years ago and it hasn't returned so far.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Has anyone tried removing the whole clutch pedal assembly and trying to get grease/lube etc into every part possible? Looking at the Haynes manual it doesn't look hugely difficult?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Has anyone tried removing the whole clutch pedal assembly and trying to get grease/lube etc into every part possible? Looking at the Haynes manual it doesn't look hugely difficult?
Not difficult but very fiddly, bent under the dashboard at all angles, if you take this on make sure you have a way of bleeding the system afterwards good luck!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not difficult but very fiddly, bent under the dashboard at all angles, if you take this on make sure you have a way of bleeding the system afterwards good luck!

Position is difficult i agree, but unless I am missing something major I will not need to touch the hydraulic system therefore no need to bleed.

Removing the link pin from the master cylinder push rod and unbolting the whole pedal assembly from the bulkhead is what the plan was.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Position is difficult i agree, but unless I am missing something major I will not need to touch the hydraulic system therefore no need to bleed.

Removing the link pin from the master cylinder push rod and unbolting the whole pedal assembly from the bulkhead is what the plan was.
Yeah if thats your plan and no hydraulic pipes are touched then its a good idea!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts