2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I picked up my CTR today and I've been driving around with a smile on my face since! :eek:

However, I have a very irritating squeaky noise coming from the dash. It seems to be caused by the curved plastic dash meeting the perspex window in front of the rev dial. If i push against the curved plastic part it seems to stop, but obviously driving around like that is not an option!

Does any one know if this is a common issue or what may cause it? To me in feels as though the plastic needs to be a bit tighter or there needs to be some sort of buffer between the plastic and the rev dial window.

It is going to drive me mad, I want to enjoy my CTR without the constant squeaking!

Any ideas would be great!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick response Ben. I will keep this in mind, but my issue is internal. Its the perspex window to the rev counter in the dash that squeaks. it stops if I put pressure on the perspex bit or the cured plastic surround that houses the temp controls etc. Seems like something isn't quite on tight enough. That along with the roof lining making some odd crackling noises right above my head is going to really bug me :s
Any one else out there had this?

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I was thinking about trying to wedge a bit of felt or something in there as a work around. This seems to make sense... not sure I've got the plums to take the fascia appart though ;)

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have now resolved the major squeak coming from the dash. I narrowed it down to the top left hand corner of the perspex window infront of the rev dial, right at the point that it meets the fascia. I gently pushed the perspex window in a touch to create a small gap between that and the fascia, then gently pushed a tiny piece of felt between the two.

So far it seems to have completely gone which has made me very happy! Only two more to locate now ;)

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I have now resolved the major squeak coming from the dash. I narrowed it down to the top left hand corner of the perspex window infront of the rev dial, right at the point that it meets the fascia. I gently pushed the perspex window in a touch to create a small gap between that and the fascia, then gently pushed a tiny piece of felt between the two.

So far it seems to have completely gone which has made me very happy! Only two more to locate now ;)
I've only had my car 2 days and had this problem (58 plate), tried the same fix as you and "BINGO" it works . . . .no more squeeks!. i can get on with enjoying the car now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts