2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, this is my first post and I thought I would try and explore your collective knowledge!

I've got a 2009 CTR. There seems to be a squeaking noise from the rear of the car on the left-hand side of the car (and right-hand side a few times recently). It sounds as though someone is rubbing their hand against polystyrene!

It's not very loud and it only lasts for a few minutes (by the time i've reached the end of my road). It tends to happen on start-up, either when i've left it standing for a few days or even after short gaps in between driving.

I've taken it to a dealer but of course, it didn't make the noise for them at all! Then again, i'm not altogether sure they really had a proper look, although they reported that nothing was wrong after making checks.

Just an irritation really - it's quite new still and i've got a long-distance journey approaching soon so wouldn't mind sorting it out. Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Aye Aye....
7,100 Posts
Have you ever cleaned the interior with those dashboard wipes or anythin like that? They have chemicals which get into the gaps between the plastic and then it squeeks as the plastic parts rub together...just a thought

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
squeak

Have you ever cleaned the interior with those dashboard wipes or anythin like that? They have chemicals which get into the gaps between the plastic and then it squeeks as the plastic parts rub together...just a thought
Had the same problem was told by the stealers it was the shocks,they told me if the car lies for any period of time the oil drains to the bottom causing the squeak on start up.According to them it`s normal and nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the same problem but it goes away after a few seconds of moving but sometimes it sounds like I have got a boot full of pigeons :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So is there anything I should be doing if it is the exhaust mounts or the shocks? I can live with the noise (even though it does sounds as though there is a flock of birds in the back of my car!!) only as long as it's not damaging anything.

I haven't cleaned the dashboard with any wipes or anything recently but might have done in the past. Although i'm pretty sure the noise doesn't come from the front...

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
I have just started to hear a noise that you describe for a couple of mins when i first setoff... I only get it though when I have been parked on a slope and not when its been left on flat ground.

Is yours the same as this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts