2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i have a sort of intermitent squeak coming from the the rear suspension. it only appears when ive been driving the cars for more than 30 mins and is quite loud:( it only seems to have appeared since the car was in for its mot does anybody have any idea what this could be?

Cheers
Scott

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Rear suspension bushes

I posted this last November, the squeak came back a week or two ago, I cleaned the bushes again removing the grease and spryed them with silicone spray as the grease attracted dirt
Hope this helps

James

"I have sorted a rear suspension noise, it sounded to me like a chirrup when going over light to moderate bumps at low speed, some of the guys that helped me said it was a knock or bump. I discovered that the void bushes where the rear beam fits to the body have holes moulded into them and what apears to be a sliding surface, on my car these holes had filled up with mud and road dirt, (one of them had a small stone in it), and had dried out, the nose became less when the roads were wet. You can diagnose this with a pry bar between the beam and chassis close to the mounting point using quick hard pulls, (car on the ground with the wheels on), I took off each wheel and was able to thread some rag through the holes to clean them, then I pushed in some rubber grease, it's a tad awkward to do but the noise has now been gone for four weeks or so.
Thanks to CHRI55 who discovered that mark 4 Golf void bushes are the same except for the hole diameter which needs to be increased, he used a set to replace the rear bushes on his Civic without buying an expensive complete rear beam."

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Jack up car and remove wheel, support car on axle stand.
With the wheel out you can get all arround the bush to clean it and through the holes, it's a bit of a fiddle but do-able, (I used an old coat hanger, rag and soapy water), then give it a soak with silicone spray when it's dry. I'm guessing this will need to be re done occasionally, a bit like greasing under cars in the old days!

James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts