2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys gals,dont know if this has been posted before,but from a cold start,i get a squeaking sound coming from the rear of the car,it last about 5 mins then it seems to go away, figured it could be the shock absorbers or something rubbing do you think i should take it back to the dealers and get them to have a look, on a 59 plate so is still under warranty.thanks.:facepalm:

·
Bye Bye Type R
1,198 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
I also get this from a cold start but it goes away after approx 30 secs of driving. I think its a known issue and many people have it. See what the stealers make of it.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took car back to dealers last week,he did say that they do have an issue with them,and that they will order 2 new shocks and fit next week,as its still under warranty.:D

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Took car back to dealers last week,he did say that they do have an issue with them,and that they will order 2 new shocks and fit next week,as its still under warranty.:D
What dealer are you using Owl?

I'm in Sheffield and mine just turned it down.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Took my 08 to the dealers on Monday (cambridge) they mentioned there was a bulletin and said they put some grease in as the fix. No creaks this morning actually but I'm skeptical as to the longevity of the fix

·
Registered
60 Posts
i also had this problem,took mine back to the dealers and they told me it was actually the hand brake cable what is sqeaking!! they said when you apply the hand brake and either get in or out of the car its the travel in the cable as the suspension goes up or down at the rear..

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I had been complaining for over 4 years about the creaking when reversing off my sloping driveway.
I finally got my car done recently, the fix is to get some grease under the shock absorber cover to lubricate the shaft, so far it seems OK.

Terry

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hello

Had my car in just over a week ago for its first service mentioned rear shock absorber and the did a mod I think packing with grease, and at the moment everything is okay?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
*Alsone*

Peter Brooks Honda on chesterfield rd,not had it done yet still waiting for parts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts