2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... my drivers seat has developed a squeak :( Any ideas before I take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
55 Posts
basegreen said:
... my drivers seat has developed a squeak :( Any ideas before I take it to the dealer?
I've started to hear that on mine just today! If I change the seat position a little to the front it does not make that squeak but dont like the driving position ...

Lets us know of how it was solved!

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have moved mine back, and adjusted the steering wheel reach accordingly. It's quite a nice driving position, but not perfect. Better than squeaky seat syndrome.

·
Registered
55 Posts
basegreen said:
I have moved mine back, and adjusted the steering wheel reach accordingly. It's quite a nice driving position, but not perfect. Better than squeaky seat syndrome.
Could it be that the noise is because of the seat touching the central arm rest?

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems to come from the rear right hand side in my case.

Probably my fat arse causing it ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
The noise on mine is also on the rear right hand side, but on my right hand side i've got central arm rest ... that why i've thought of it!

Unless ... i've got a fat arse too ...

I wonder if those seats were not meant to be placed on this car and were designed for the average chinese person!

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Japanese.

Mines back with a vengence. I will add it to the list of things I need to get looked at.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Did anyone get this sorted? mine has started doing it and its really irritating me now. It did stop when I moved the seat forward slightly (its back as far as it can go for me to sit comfortably). But it has started doing it at that position. I tried making the seat higher and lower, still sqeaking. Sprayed some Silicon 3-in-1 stuff where it sounds like is squeaking from and its not made a difference.

Mine comes from the left side of the seat, and sounds like its in the rail and it squeaks everytime I change gear, go round a roundabout, go round a corner, stop and pull away so its constantly squeaking :(

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Seems to come from the rear right hand side in my case.

Probably my fat arse causing it ;)
Just change the seat position back & forward! I had a similiar problem on my Golf IV...

Or go on a diet!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I found out what mine was, it was the seat belt thing which is between the seat and the centre arm rest (is there a proper name for it?). Every direction it moved it was making that noise, I only figured it out because I moved it out of the way to get a better look. Some spray soon had it sorted :)

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Vtec,

If you read the posts properly you'll find that:

i) Basegreen jokingly volunteered the fact that it might be his big fat arse causing the problem

ii) BigBoysToys simply said that he didn't think his problem was the same, due to the central armrest (unless he had a big arse too).

So just a friendly joke. Whereas your comment was not.

Hence, I think you need to make an apology vtec.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Well moderated TT.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I didn't find anything funny actually.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts