2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello.

ive just bought my first ever honda civic. But there seems to be a squeaky noise coming from back end. dealership told me it was the suspension and that they would lube it up before i drove it home. even after doing that i still hear it, more so when just moving slowly. has anyone else come across this? will need to fix this otherwise will drive me insane.

So far loving the car but wow is it a hard ride :-o. side mirror also doesnt fold in but managed to find a fix on here so thanks for that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's a common problem on the fn2 and Honda do have a fix for it which is posted on the forum which involves lubricating the rear shocks. If you have a search you should be able to find it and if you've only just purchased it from a dealership you should be able to return it for the work to be carried out

·
Registered
287 Posts
As Daz6 says the creaky rear suspension does have a free fix at Honda dealers (if they still offer it) it covers all the 8th Gen Civics. Usually the noise is only present when setting off first thing in the morning and disappears after a short while, your problem may be a different issue.
As a side note the chief mechanic at my Honda garage tried the lube fix to stop the creaking on his Civic with no success, works for some but not all.
And yes the ride is rubbish especially with all the potholes around these days, all cars have good and bad points.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input. It came with 3 months warrenty so it will be going back for it. juat wanted to get some advice before i take it in before they try to fob me off :) thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts