2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I only had a slight squeek from time to time, i posted a video in an earlier thread and i think most of you said its pretty much "one of them things", maybe grease CV joints?

Anyway, had a long trip over the weekend, couple hundred miles and 8hrs of driving in one day. Now i had a rather loud creaking noise which is a lower tone than the squeek. It pretty much happens every time im turning, and also when i brake to slow down sometimes.

Quite a worrying sound, any idea? Ill try get a video up but from the ones i've took so far, it doesnt show the sound well.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does sound like a spring creak noise that has no grease or something, the high pitch squeek happens at same time.

Is there a guide to fix this myself as I can't afford to pay much out on this at the moment :(

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Does sound like a spring creak noise that has no grease or something, the high pitch squeek happens at same time.

Is there a guide to fix this myself as I can't afford to pay much out on this at the moment :(
Does it do it mainly under weight transfer when accelerating or braking ? Mine also made a springy sounding click it was the subframe , took it to dealer , cleaned, re greased , and repositioned and torqued up no more noises only took them 30 mins , cost £47 although it can be a DIY job if you fancy doing it yourself

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is there any specific you tell the dealers like bulletin number or do you describe the fault?

My dealer didnt have a clue when i rang. So took it to the mechanic and he tightened the bolts to no effect. Dont know whether to get honda to do it or mechanic?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well, on my experience been to honda dealer twice first they said fault is fix and then rang them again to say the fault still there, then still the same second time around...got fed up with them, so I rang ABP, told them the fault.They put the car on ramp and adjusted the sub frame bolts after 15 minutes test drive the car and waheeey!fault is fix...That's why from that day I won't go back to dealers again.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does it do it mainly under weight transfer when accelerating or braking ? Mine also made a springy sounding click it was the subframe , took it to dealer , cleaned, re greased , and repositioned and torqued up no more noises only took them 30 mins , cost £47 although it can be a DIY job if you fancy doing it yourself
The squeek happens at every turn of the wheel, moving or stationary.

The lower tone "Creak" hasn't happened since i made this thread :mad:

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
The squeek happens at every turn of the wheel, moving or stationary.

The lower tone "Creak" hasn't happened since i made this thread :mad:
I'd say it's the rack squeak it's common and it's a known noise which if in warranty honda will replace the rack but if your out of warranty I wouldn't bother as it's not a safety issue or recognised failure of the rack itself just rather anoying sound and worrying when it starts but it is perfectly fine , some owners have had racks replaced and within a few hundred miles the squeak reappears.

It's common with other cars with electric steering rack as well

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was getting the squeak so i squatted down in the footedll shoved a can of wd40 with thr nozzle where the clutch pedal is and sprayed till it was dripping...no squeaks for 4 days now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts