2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an annoying squeek coming from my dash,its in the speedo pod.The black piece of plastic on top squeeks now and again when iam on a rough road.Once i give it a push and a shove its fine,but some days it really pee's me off.

Any ideas???

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Take it to the dealer and tell them you are fed up of the dash squeeking.
They will have fixed many!!
Your warranty covers it

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Take it to the dealer and tell them you are fed up of the dash squeeking.
They will have fixed many!!
Your warranty covers it
Will have seen many, moot whether they've fixed many though :razz:
Willing to accept that people might have had success, but they're certain to be in the minority.

I suffered with this particular squeak - it is very annoying, very, very annoying in fact. What a poorly built car. shame really.

·
Supporter
542 Posts
I have an annoying squeek coming from my dash,its in the speedo pod.The black piece of plastic on top squeeks now and again when iam on a rough road.Once i give it a push and a shove its fine,but some days it really pee's me off.

Any ideas???
i'm suffering same problem, if i push the trim around the speedo it stops for a while!? let me know how you get on.

I'm trying to motivate myself to book it in knowing the fact i'll have a Jazz for a day...:facepalm:

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
I had a similar problem in the past and on the whole it was dealt with by the dealer. It has come back a little bit every now and again but I can't be bothered to send it in again, have bought some silicon spray to treat it instead.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
Dealer fixed mine under warranty, that's one thing they got right !!

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I've had mine fixed under warrenty, but its back now, its actually worse with the heaters on. If I put my AC on and set the temperture as low as possible the squeek isnt as bad..... I'm going to try some WD40 between the glass and the plastic to see if that fixes it.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Use silicone spray instead..Better still the 'cowl fix' by removing it and remounting it on small thin rubber pads...My dealer did it for me

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem and went back to Honda which was a waste of time. I eventually fixed it myself....

Its the plastic lid above the speedo, remove it, spray it with WD40 and hey presto squeak is gone.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
When i phoned to dealer to get mine in under warranty they said "is it more frequent when its cold" which is something i never noticed but there doesn't seem to be any correlation, its more so over bumps but does seem to be gettin worse this time of year, i think another trip to the dealers is in order but if they couldn't fix it the first im startin to lose hope

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
I had that problem for the first 2 weeks I had the car.... a trip to the dealers sorted it out. Not sure how they did it as I don't want to take the cowl off in case the squeak comes back!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
When i phoned to dealer to get mine in under warranty they said "is it more frequent when its cold" which is something i never noticed but there doesn't seem to be any correlation, its more so over bumps but does seem to be gettin worse this time of year, i think another trip to the dealers is in order but if they couldn't fix it the first im startin to lose hope
Seriously dont bother, just lieft the lid above the speedo and gently spray wd.

Never had a noise since.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts