2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I previously have had 2 8th Gen 2.2 Civics and a 9th Gen 2.2 Civic, but due to a radical change of circumstances, now have a 2004 Honda Accord Tourer Executive 2.4 Petrol.

Have had quite a few niggles with it but recently the SRS light has come on. Took it for diagnostics at my Honda main dealer who says the SRS Airbag Control Unit needs replacing. I'm not willing to fork out 900+ quid for the main dealer to sort it, so I've been trying to source the part elsewhere.

I've found one that has come from a 2004 Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 Executive ictdi. It's a slightly different part number to what I need 77960-SED-E812 as opposed to 77960-SED-E81.

My question is: Will this part be ok for my car?

Any comments/recommendations are most welcome.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,853 Posts
I've had a look on the Honda dealer Lings website, which can give you access to Honda part numbers (there's a trick where you edit the URL, deleting "_pfk"). Inputting my (January) 2005 i-CTDi Tourer details, I actually get this part number for the SRS unit... 77960-SEG-E82 (from here... Honda ACCORD TOURER 2005 2.2 SPORT SRS UNIT (RH) - Original Honda Parts | Lings Honda ).

The system doesn't recognise 77960-SED-E812, but does recognise 77960-SED-E81... Honda Parts Search | Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda

The prices for the recognised parts are very different, suggesting that they are significantly different. No idea why this would be!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update

Hi all,

Turns out that the full part no. what I needed was 77960-SED-E812-M1. For some unknown reason Honda record the part no. as 77960-SED-E81. I guess maybe it's because there are many variants.

Anyway, I managed to source the exact part from the exact same spec. car as mine from a salvage yard. The car had been rear-ended but airbags weren't deployed and there was no crash data recorded. Price was £96 including vat & delivery.

Had the part fitted in about 45 mins by the guy from dashwarninglights for £40 including his time spent travelling to my address. Thanks a lot Peter.

No warning lights have come on since I've had it fitted.

Well chuffed, as I've saved £800 by not going to the stealers! :D

All the best,
Steve

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Im having to change my srs module due to code 5-4:internal fault.
Does it have to be exact same model number do you know ? I'm having a hard time finding one with the same code. Was it just plug and play for yours or did peter have to code the airbag module to the car ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts