2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ABP,

I have a flywheel issue on my 2007 FN2 Type R.
Looking at getting stage 1 clutch because of that, but there is a catch.
I want to put a used genuine honda flywheel from a 60 plate type R which has done around 4k miles, from another forum member: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/items-sale/107587-fn2-oem-clutch-friction-plate-pressure-plate-flywheel.html#post1708908

Question is, would you fit it with new exedy stage 1 clutch?
How much would it cost me ?
And does exedy clutch come with release bearing?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi ABP,

I have a flywheel issue on my 2007 FN2 Type R.
Looking at getting stage 1 clutch because of that, but there is a catch.
I want to put a used genuine honda flywheel from a 60 plate type R which has done around 4k miles, from another forum member: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/items-sale/107587-fn2-oem-clutch-friction-plate-pressure-plate-flywheel.html#post1708908

Question is, would you fit it with new exedy stage 1 clutch?
How much would it cost me ?
And does exedy clutch come with release bearing?

Thanks
Hi there,

We can fit any parts you supply, no problem there. (as long as the parts actually fit etc, which won't be an issue here). The only obvious thing i would say is that we wouldn't be able to offer any warranty on the part or labour.

The other thing is i couldn't guarantee you having a perfect clutch once everything is put back together. Although the replacement flywheel is low mileage, it may have some wear on it and i couldn't say how that would bed in against a brand new clutch disc with no wear on.

Having said all that, i can supply a stage 1 Exedy organic clutch kit, complete with release bearing and fit your replacement flywheel. Using new MTF gear oil, all labour and VAT the total would be £655.00.

I hope this helps, let me know what you think.

Rich

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the answer.
What kind of issues I can have with used flywheel/new clutch?
Is the clutch you can supply the same as Tegiwa sells EXEDY STAGE 1 RACING CLUTCH KIT? Can you let me know what is the price for clutch itself?

I am also thinking about braided brake lines and new uprated fluid. Just need to calculate cost really.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Thanks for the answer.
What kind of issues I can have with used flywheel/new clutch?
Is the clutch you can supply the same as Tegiwa sells EXEDY STAGE 1 RACING CLUTCH KIT? Can you let me know what is the price for clutch itself?

I am also thinking about braided brake lines and new uprated fluid. Just need to calculate cost really.
The issues with the clutch are that it may not bed in too well, depending on the condition of the flywheel face. You could get it skimmed at a machine shop to make sure the face is perfect. With it being low mileage, it may well be perfect but as it's used i couldn't guarantee it. It's a little bit like putting new brake pads on old worn discs. If the discs are quite badly worn, the pads will never bed in well and be noisey or judder, the same as the new clutch on the old flywheel.

It is the same kit as Tegiwa are seling online, there's only one stage 1 clutch thourgh Exedy for the FN2. If i was to supply the Exedy Organic clutch, it would be a little more expensive than Tegiwa but i had taken that into account and adjusted our labour accordingly. You are more than welcome to supply the clutch to us, and we would fit it if you'd prefer but i have tried to make the cost the same.

We charge 3 hours for fitting a full braided 6 line kit, so it would be £165.00 inc VAT plus fluid. We keep Motul RBF600 in stock which is an upgrade over standard at £33.00 inc VAT for 1litre.

I hope all this makes sense, let me know if not, or if you have any other questions.

Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts