2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Really decent gains there I've never been in a 2.2 civic bet that torque must press you back in your seat

·
Registered
8 Posts
Every time I see one of these I feel a little disappointed in the lack of gains in the 1.8. But then again it's just an eco 4 pot NA engine but still...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Every time I see one of these I feel a little disappointed in the lack of gains in the 1.8. But then again it's just an eco 4 pot NA engine but still...
It’s the same with most N/A engines, you have to use forced induction to get anything worthwhile. Those that have forced induction already are way more tuneable, just have to make sur3 the rest of the car is up to the extra power. In this day and age with speed cameras and unmarked police cars and social media, any sort of “performance “ car is always going to be a target. But enjoy it while you can as the next generation will be in self drive cars you won’t be able to “tune” and constantly monitored by GPS or we will be forced onto public transport always assuming you still have a job not being done by an AI robot or computer.

·
Premium Member
FN3 Stage 1 Crystal Black Pearl
129 Posts
But enjoy it while you can as the next generation will be in self drive cars you won’t be able to “tune” and constantly monitored by GPS or we will be forced onto public transport always assuming you still have a job not being done by an AI robot or computer.
Ahh, you have also noticed we are floating up Feces Creek without a Paddle

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I am thinking of getting mine remapped to do you recommend an upgraded clutch, if so Any recommendations.
Thanks Yogster
A good stage 1 remap should be fine on a stock clutch that isn't towards the end of its life. Sadly there isn't a reliable clutch upgrade for these cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts