2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Civic 1.8i V-tec i-shift (8G)
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All this being my second Honda civic 8th gen, after almost 14 years since I had my first one. I had purchased it in generally good nick, the dude I bought it off had it valeted and it was for the most part clean.

However... the glass in front of the tachometer had a watermarked effect, and no amount of microfibre/warm water/ glass cleaner was doing anything, and if anything making it worse.

Now I am referring to the glass/plastic see through panel in front of the tachometer (rev meter).

Solution: Non colour specific T-cut. (after researching turtle wax will also work)

Rub into glass small circles using clean microfibre cloth. allow to dry to haze and then buff out.

Results: Almost showroom finish, cannot tell there is a single mark on that glass

NOTE: Please be careful not to get any t-cut onto the surrounding plastic trim which houses the aircon/climate controls. That has a anti-glare coating which should not be buffed out. For that area, a simple microfibre and warm water will bring that up clean.

·
i-Vtec
5,430 Posts
Makes a huge difference. To get a better finish just spend the 10 minutes and remove the surround. You can get right into the corners and no risk of polish on the surrounding plastic.

·
Registered
CW GT
2,080 Posts
I use mguires platixpx to sort my 9g dials with the same issue.
Worked on headunit display too:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.