2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New to this forum although iv been using it for research purposes for around a month. I have a champ white civic type r

I am wanting to improve my brakes which i know is an opinion shared by many of you on this forum.
I have come to the conclusion that i need to get a set of stainless steel hoses and some new fluid, and when the pads wear out probably go for some aftermarkets such as the ferrodos.

My question is which stainless steel hoses to go for.
I understand that goodridge, HKS, HEL and Do-Luck all do them and im sure there are others.

Are there any pros and cons of each manufacturer? price seems to differ also, is there a particular reason for this?

Thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think most people use Goodridge lines and RBF600 is the fluid to go for.

Ive read posts about 4 line kits being a waste of time and money and the 6 line kit is the way to go. Thats the biggest difference with the pricing from I can see.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea the motul stuff seems to have good reviews! I too have read about the 4 line and 6 line kits. What are the extra 2 lines for?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Theres 4 lines at the back of the car and 2 at the front so 6 in total.

There are 2 at the front 2 at the rear calipers and 2 under the car.

A 4 line kit only covers the lines at the calipers. The 2 under the back of the car can still expand so with a 4 line kit your only doing half a job.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That clears that up. Thanks!

What are the price differences for different 6 line kits? I think i have only been looking at 4 line kits, not realising that 6 lines existed. Or can you point me in the direction of a supplier that sells different varients of the 6 line kits so i can price them myself?

·
Registered
552 Posts
6 line kit definately, go for HEL, we've had a spate of goodridge ones being too short and tearing on full lock. RBF600 and Ferodo DS2500's. If you really, want get some powerslot/stoptech discs too.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why is there such a price difference between the HEL ones and the goodridge ones?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Where's the best place to get the hel 6 line kit from?not really able to find any good deals online!

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Where's the best place to get the hel 6 line kit from?not really able to find any good deals online!
On the forum there is a section for TDi (Torque Developments International) they can sort you out. Or funny enough PM smigzy, he works there =)

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Contact Caroline (SUMOCAZZA), they are doing a deal on Do-Luck hoses at the moment £100 +vat, changing my HKS hoses for Do-Luck because these come with the distribution blocks, no performance reason just think they will be more secure and they are a great price!! :p

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do the HEL 6 line hoses come with the distribution blocks? is it a problem if they dont? How much are the HEL ones going for?

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea me too. Or the hks kit that is sold at tdi for 125 quid from tdi

·
Bye Bye Type R
1,198 Posts
not sure about car but ive been using HEL brake lines on my motorbikes for over 10 years and they are spot on

1 - 16 of 16 Posts