2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got these door step garnish off eBay (pictures below) for about £20 (including postage) from HK and arrived within a week of working days. The quality feels decent and looks good.

The price is a fraction of the genuine Honda parts. Will follow up with a few pictures after I've have it fitted.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: gmh23

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got these door step garnish off eBay (pictures below) for about £20 (including postage) from HK and arrived within a week of working days. The quality feels decent and looks good.

The price is a fraction of the genuine Honda parts. Will follow up with a few pictures after I've have it fitted.
Do they fit to 8th gen? In Asia they do not have 5door Civics, so most of the accessories are for 4door.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do they fit to 8th gen? In Asia they do not have 5door Civics, so most of the accessories are for 4door.
I've had a compare of the sills with the original plastic ones on my 5-door. Width wise it is slightly wider by about a few mms. The length is exactly the same for the front sills, the rear ones are slightly shorter. But it looks that it's going to fit okay.

I'm not sure how the original plastic sills are fixed in (i.e. taped/clipped), anyone have any idea?

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I've had a compare of the sills with the original plastic ones on my 5-door. Width wise it is slightly wider by about a few mms. The length is exactly the same for the front sills, the rear ones are slightly shorter. But it looks that it's going to fit okay.

I'm not sure how the original plastic sills are fixed in (i.e. taped/clipped), anyone have any idea?
They just pop off with a sharp tug. Changed mine few months to the 5 door genuine Honda aluminium kick strips. Cringe when passengers get in my car. Lol

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They just pop off with a sharp tug. Changed mine few months to the 5 door genuine Honda aluminium kick strips. Cringe when passengers get in my car. Lol
Ah I see, cheers Gaz! Will post photos probably later today of them fitted.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fitted - quite happy with them actually!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Look great, for £16 I think I'll have to get a set. Thanks for the pics
Bare in mind it's stuck down by 3M tapes at the back and not clipped like the original plastic ones. It still holds down very firmly but just as long as you don't mind it's not clipped in.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[smilie=superkewl.g:

I like those, now where did I leave my credit card....[/quote]

Don't worry, this one won't burn a hole in your pocket.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
61 Posts
Would love to get some illuminated ones, anyone know how to install these? not technology minded at all unfortunately :(

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Would love to get some illuminated ones, anyone know how to install these? not technology minded at all unfortunately :(
I think as far as wiring is concerned, it needs to be wired to the interior lights which are triggered on door openings. I'm not sure where exactly you need to wire it to though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts