2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed all these marks down the side of my drivers seat when getting in my car this morning, they look worse in daylight rather than my camera flash taken tonight :(

Got my car back after 4 days at dealership last week, collected it on Thursday night (dark), go to work Friday morning in the dark, come home in the dark and I was in my wife's car this weekend so today is the first time I've got into my car in daylight since I got it back!!!

Is this some kind of copper-based grease or something??? anyone???

Showed my wife the photo just now and she instantly recognised the colour of those marks as she says she's seen a few specks of that same colour on my jacket I wear for work, not just on my right sleeve but on the back so there must be more of this stuff on my seat where my back rests!!!

Not impressed, phoned Devries tonight, spoke to Service Manager and has asked if I can pop down tomorrow so he can see it himself...

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Noticed all these marks down the side of my drivers seat when getting in my car this morning, they look worse in daylight rather than my camera flash taken tonight :(

Got my car back after 4 days at dealership last week, collected it on Thursday night (dark), go to work Friday morning in the dark, come home in the dark and I was in my wife's car this weekend so today is the first time I've got into my car in daylight since I got it back!!!

Is this some kind of copper-based grease or something??? anyone???

Showed my wife the photo just now and she instantly recognised the colour of those marks as she says she's seen a few specks of that same colour on my jacket I wear for work, not just on my right sleeve but on the back so there must be more of this stuff on my seat where my back rests!!!

Not impressed, phoned Devries tonight, spoke to Service Manager and has asked if I can pop down tomorrow so he can see it himself...

Had my car in for the EPS and spotted a copper stain on the side of the passenger seat when I collected it. Gave it a quick wipe down and it came off the leather.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks like it may be copper anti-sieze compound, i guess they had the wheels off when the car went in, as they put it on the back of the alloys to stop them sticking to the hubs.
They should be using the aluminium version as copper can react with aluminium.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Comeon then federov what was the outcome??? new seats, a full valet free of charge, an apology for marking your new car or does Honda find this acceptable??? ;)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, got a bit tied up with the other incident of a nice lady sliding into the back of my car ;)

I got lots of apologies from the service manager, I waited a few mins while they took the car in the workshop and they got it all off with some upholstery cleaner, looks fine now it's dried.

Also said that if I couldn't get the marks off my jacket then to send them the dry-cleaning bill.

Result. :)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well also the fact that they've kindly agreed to fix the paint damage caused by that car sliding into me while doing the indicator plastic fouling paint problem. My "raindrop" noise (headlining) issue appears to be resolve, my gearbox seems to be better... when it goes in next year for the paint I just need the fuelcap sorting and the rattle from centre vents sorting, nothing major and at least things are getting put right. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts