2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of us that don’t have a Civic with built in sat nav.
What model do you have and where do you "fix" it?

My sat nav is a Mio 269.
I am still trying to find out the best place for it. The Civic dash is quite tall so position is a little awkward.

I have some pic's to show where I have tried it out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the speedo is not that accurate. I may as well use the sat nav for that.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
kevin_lufc said:
Well the speedo is not that accurate. I may as well use the sat nav for that.

[smilie=confuzzled.: [smilie=shake.gif] [smilie=smack.gif]

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sat nav gives my speed, and as its more accurate than the cars speedo, I could use that, if I had it in the middle that is.

·
Registered
230 Posts
left seems a good place i recon. right u will have to tilt ur head a little i think. but left is more natural as u need to look around the centre anyway. covering the speedo i dont think is a good idea :lol:

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be honest I have never driven with it in the middle. I just wanted to see what it looked like.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Definitely on the left (well middle of the whole windscreen), anywhere else would obstruct your view a lot more. On the right makes your pillar even wider...

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
My tomtop 500 fits nicely on the right, next to the speedo, by the thing that looks a bit like a speaker (what IS that?)

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
The place where the tweeters are installed?

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Nah, the curved triangle bit next to the speedo. the tom tom suction arm is adjustable to make it nestle nicely there. Problem is the power cable, but if you're charged up, then it's fine - doesn't block vision at all.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
From the 'photos, I'd settle for centre screen. :shock: :shock:

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Kevin, never mind the sat-nav, get those bulbs fitted !! :lol: :lol:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I'd go with the left, we always scan left to right top to bottom when looking at things, so on the left would be a more natural palce to look. Thats why the most expensive items at the supermarket are on the top shelf and the value brands are bottom right.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
When I left Uni I did actually apply for the Management Training Course at ASDA. Hmm, maybe things are beginning to make sense. There is an ASDA link afterall.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
richierich said:
I'd go with the left, we always scan left to right top to bottom when looking at things, so on the left would be a more natural palce to look. Thats why the most expensive items at the supermarket are on the top shelf and the value brands are bottom right.
No it was Sainsbury :wink:

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
elfa7 said:
Kevin, never mind the sat-nav, get those bulbs fitted !! :lol: :lol:
I am going to get hold of some this week.

·
Registered
975 Posts
im looking at maybe the road angel or indago all in one speedtrap and satnav units, however im not sure as these along with other detectors and fully comprehensive i.e. mobile traps.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts