2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A dunno if I have a standard exhaust or its been modified or its Decatted , when its hot or ive been driving for a while it burbles and pops a little bit and has little crackles when down shifting, it sounds blown from the middle silencer near the door but would that make it pop and burble ??? ive looked under and its got Honda on the exhaust and it looks standard .

Just wondering if anyone's burble and pop when hot ?

Mat

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Never had burbles or pops with standard exhaust, even decatted. Nor with custom 2,5" exhaust. At that time I ran Group N map from Flashpro.

Now, decatted and with custom 2,5" exhaust I have, but that's due to the custom map. As you can see, mine with the same setup, decatted with standard exhaust or custom exhaust BUT with Group N map didn't had burbles or pops, but I have with custom map.

So, maybe you have a custom map.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never had burbles or pops with standard exhaust, even decatted. Nor with custom 2,5" exhaust. At that time I ran Group N map from Flashpro.

Now, decatted and with custom 2,5" exhaust I have, but that's due to the custom map. As you can see, mine with the same setup, decatted with standard exhaust or custom exhaust BUT with Group N map didn't had burbles or pops, but I have with custom map.

So, maybe you have a custom map.
God knows hahah I might have to go and get it plugged in and see if it has done

·
K200588
231 Posts
Standard exhaust here and I get a burble and a pop on over run when it's hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just joined - and just bought a Civic 2.2 8th gen too. I just listed a post as I have an annoying exhaust burble on engine overun (slowing down/changing gear) There is no blow and I asked if people had had this??

I suspect that the baffles in the back box have rotted away.

·
Registered
78 Posts
PS - I test drove the same model earlier in the week & no exhaust sound whatsoever - this one nasty burble on over run. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts