2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I’ve got a 2018 civic diesel EX with the standard/auto headlights. Does anyone know if there are any upgrades available to make them LED or even if the LED units could be fitted for a plug and play type option?

Thanks Kindly

·
Super Moderator
1,945 Posts
Be careful - if you change away from what was factory fit it can be an MOT failure.
I think @Das is the expert on this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Be careful - if you change away from what was factory fit it can be an MOT failure.
I think @Das is the expert on this.
Oh right, that’s a shame as Imy previous car had LED headlights and the comparison was night and day. I’d even go down the route of fitting the genuine Civic LED units if they work/legal?

·
i-Vtec
3,484 Posts
Thats correct they are an MOT failure, however it doesn't stop me going the LED route. Just swap the halogen bulbs back for the MOT. If the Gen10 is H7 I can highly recommend Easy Eagle H7's they are very good and even give a cut off.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
What are the chances of your insurer playing hard to get in the event of a claim I wonder, they are slippery B'stards at the best of times and an excuse to not pay out (especially if a night time accident) would be a concern to me...

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Does the 2018 EX not have bi-Xenons? My 2014 EX Plus does and they are brilliant in all meanings of the word (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts