2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that CW and post April 2010 manufactured cars had an LSD fitted as standard but I was browsing through Honda used cars and noticed that some 2009 cars have it marked as fitted.

These two from May 2009 do not have it fitted:
Vehicle View - Honda Civic Type R 2.0 i-VTEC 3-Door - Gwent
Vehicle View - Honda Civic Type R 2.0 i-VTEC 3-Door - Llandudno

However these do have it fitted:
May 2009 Vehicle View - Honda Civic Type R 2.0 i-VTEC GT 3-Door - Warrington
June 2009 Vehicle View - Honda Civic Type R 2.0 i-VTEC GT 3-Door - Bedford
July 2009 Vehicle View - Honda Civic Type R 2.0 i-VTEC GT 3-Door - Newtown
September 2009 Vehicle View - Honda Civic Type R 2.0 i-VTEC GT 3-Door - Norwich
September 2009 Vehicle View - Honda Civic Type R 2.0 i-VTEC GT 3-Door - York
March 2010 Vehicle View - Honda Civic Type R 2.0 i-VTEC GT 3-Door - Narborough
March 2010 Vehicle View - Honda Civic Type R 2.0 i-VTEC GT 3-Door - Stockton-on-Tees

This got me thinking. Where is the original source of information that April 2010 onward cars were the only ones fitted with an LSD? Could it be possible that it was actually 2009?

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Check the vehicles on Lings to confirm which have LSD's fitted.

The generic gearbox image is likely to show it but not all cars will list it in the component list underneath.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the vehicles on Lings to confirm which have LSD's fitted.

The generic gearbox image is likely to show it but not all cars will list it in the component list underneath.
Very good idea. I just tried that and tried some 2011 cars and they are all show the same thing. The differential is shown the same for all of them (inc. 2011 cars).

Here is a 2011 car to try. http://usedcars.honda.co.uk/Civic-Type-R/2.0-i-VTEC-GT/Cannock/1919865-605430352-217091.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's interesting to note is the ones that are marked as having it also have HID lights fitted. This suggests that the LSD was fitted as standard with the '09 update.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Should the LSD show on that site under a specific listing that makes it quite clear that it IS an LSD equipped box?, I've just bought a 2010 FN2 GT, and I've just entered my reg number on that site to see if it's listed as having an LSD, but can't see anything that specifically states it!?!

Mine lists as:-

6MT 2.0 TYPE-R PLUS??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts