2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like a true geek I've spent the last couple of evenings sat in the Civic on my driveway with the manual getting a feel for all the features, I've got it in 1st gear with handbrake on due to the slight slope.

I've got the ignition on full to enable me to play with all the features but no engine running.

The big question... engine is off, handbrake is on, 1st gear is on, ignition is on, clutch is off as I'm not actually driving.... my kids come to the door again to see what I'm up to, 3yr old has a curious mind and hits the lovely red START button...

Does it:
a) know that it's in gear but because the clutch is not down and the handbrake on will refuse to start

b) worst case scenario, lurch forward and embed my new Civic in the front room of the house :shock:

c) tell me if this is a stupid question to ask - it did cross my mind though! :)

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Real question how many of us diont know the answer, so go outside and try it :oops:

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Surprised I've not accidentally found out myself yet, seems a natural reaction when turning the key is to put foot on clutch from doing it so many years but I've been so close already on a few occasions to pressing that red button without clutch etc... button/foot synchronization is not quite working yet ;)

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Being one the people who still haven't had their car delivered I would be interested to know this. I don't have the instruction book yet either so would someone please shed some light on this. Most of seem to have gone for B, but is that just for the dramatic effect? :?

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd expect B myself, should be no different to turning the key while in gear, I just don't fancy lurching my nice new Civic in gear to test it just yet ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts