2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have developed a module that turns off the hated START/STOP system. Presented system powered by battery voltage (ignition switch - ignition switch in position II) counts down the time after which it closes the relay contacts which simulates pressing the S/S button. After this activity is performed, the module goes into hibernation mode for re-excitation.
An additional advantage of the module is that it has a socket and a plug which are the reflection of what is on the side of the harness feeding the S/S button -> PLUG & PLAY. :grin2:

Currently, the system is in the testing phase and does not reflect the finished product.

Connected module:

Plug&Play wiring

Module in action:

My question is whether you are interested in buying such a module for your own car? [smilie=whistle.gif]

·
4,360 Posts
A similar device could be used to switch on the Brake Hold, But it's a change of resistance between pins 1 and 2 that is detected, not just a straight forward short across them. Connect pins 1 and 2 with a 560 ohm resistor for 4 or 5 seconds after startup. You need your seat belt on when starting though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From service bulletin:

Number of Starter Operations
The ECM counts the number of starter operations.
If the number of starter operations exceeds the setting limit, the auto idle stop is disabled, and the auto idle stop indicator (amber)* in the gauge control module (tach) comes on. In this case, the starter motor, starter cut relay 1, and starter cut relay 2 need to be replaced, and it is needed to clear the counter of "STARTER and STARTER CUT RELAY" with the HDS.
When replacing the ECM, the number of starter operations stored in the previous ECM needs to be transferred to the new ECM.

So using S/S isnt so good

·
Registered
9 Posts
The ECM counts the number of starter operations.
If the number of starter operations exceeds the setting limit, the auto idle stop is disabled, and the auto idle stop indicator (amber)* in the gauge control module (tach) comes on.
Oh dear. That's really bad news.
I've heard the brakes also need to be replaced after too much use, also. Could you develop a device to bypass them as well?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I don't really have a problem with stop start on a manual as you can control whether it cuts in or not

However in an auto it's really annoying - the number one coding mod on a BMW is to code the ECU so that it remembers whether it is activated, ie persists even after ignition off. This is what I've done on my BMW

Maybe there's a way of coding the Honda ECU to do this ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't really have a problem with stop start on a manual as you can control whether it cuts in or not

However in an auto it's really annoying - the number one coding mod on a BMW is to code the ECU so that it remembers whether it is activated, ie persists even after ignition off. This is what I've done on my BMW

Maybe there's a way of coding the Honda ECU to do this ?
Tried in HDS but with no luck. :frown2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
How's the project going? Is it ready for sale?

So after the countdown and the module hits the switch for you, can you still use the button to turn it off/on as you please? Or does it detect the "off" position and will "press" the button for you again?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts