2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already started modding after a week of driving :D

Skunk2 knob with leather gaiter with grey stitching to match the interior. Upgraded the number plate lights to LED's along with the front sidelights. Previous owner had blue 501's with the HIDs that just looked weak and cheap so had to go.
Just ordered the sumo hole'y set and brake set.
Need to save for a stealth grill and some spy styling for the front end.
Have a mate who is a sprayer so looking to body colour the trim too. Looking through mods others have done my bank account is slowly emptying lol

Attachments

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Nice little start :)

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today's mod, hole'y sumo. Easy mod, the wet method is so much easier :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ppi refunds... Love em, now to spend it all lol.. not sure weather to go for a stealth grill or type s and colour code the chrome surround.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had a few more things done over the last week or so.
Stealth grill from Cox Motorparts, very nice. Was fairly simple to swap, I didn't need to take the bumper off although I can see how some people may like to for peace of mind.
Bought some sheets of Spi Vision from ebay, over ordered but better to have too much eh. With the off cuts I did the mirror indicators. To be honest the mirrors weren't the best finish so I may strip them and re do them with a hair dryer to get a better finish.
And today I got home from work and my fog lamp covers were waiting for me :D, straight out to fit them.
Chatting to a sprayer friend of mine about colour coding my grey trims, probably the cheaper option for me at the moment than buying new lower bumpers, arches and side skirts. Had a look at a few and I do like the GP set but just too pricey for me. A question to throw out is that will the 5dr Civic SI bumpers be a straight swap for me? They look like Type R bumpers being colour coded with that extra lip to them, think they are from the facelift 09 's though?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Team Heko's arrived today. Straight out to fit them.
I used to have Hekos on my Vectra and its probably due to the design of the rear door but did anyone have a issue with the rears staying in or do u need the clips? Ive fitted them and leaving the car till the morning so hopefully by then the sticky pads will help secure it but surprised how easily the rears fell out, literally just dropped out. May use the clips anyway as a precaution on the rears, just wondered on peoples past experiences.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Next is going to be to dye the trim black (or maybe colour code it) and have the windows tinted.
Further down the line when funds permit i may look at type r spoiler and a GP kit but dont see that coming any time soon lol. Happy that with little investment ive actually changed the whole look of the car.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Cars coming along nicely mate. Out of interest, you noticed any improvement with the skunk knob compared to OEM. I don't find gear changing that quick and smooth with the standard knob.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah i much prefer the skunk knob. I didnt fancy the OEM with looks in the 1st place but it feels much nicer with the skunk.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gave the car a quick clean... outside tap decided to stop working so that sucked... really need to body colour those trims...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Car looks stunning! :cool: Some nice choices of mods, you thought about any performance mods like a remap?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts