2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem, when i starting an engine (during that procedure), sometimes check engine light come up and after a moment it went off.

And one morning happened:

there was a cold morning, about 5-7 degrees, my headlamps are set to AUTO, and when I turned on ignition position, all lights showed up on my dash, and also headlamps came on,

then I wanted to start the engine, so I pressed start engine button, during that procedure (holding the start engine button) check engline light come up, and during starting procedure, headlamps blinked about 4 times, instantly...

And then, when engine started, check engine light came off, and everything seems back to normal...

After a work day, the same procedure, but headlamps didn't blinked, and no signs of check engine light...

So the question is, what is wrong, when sometime i see check engine light when starting the engine?

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Hi Julius. It my be a battery issue. Get it checked out :) Also on cold days it a good idea to have your lights set to off to reduce the load on the battery while cranking the engine. If the volts drop too low while you're trying to start the engine it can throw up errors.

Might be an idea to check for any diagnostic errors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts