2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

We have a 2000 ES Auto CR-V and a couple of weeks ago we had to call in Green Flag as she wasn't starting. The engineer diagnosed it as an immobilizer issue, manually locked and unlocked the car from the drivers side and the car then started.

2 days ago, my wife got half way to work (only 2 miles away) and the car broke down and wouldn't start again. I came to her rescue and it started first time for me.

Yesterday morning it wouldn't start at all. It's not the immobilizer as the little green key light goes out after a couple of seconds. She turns over without a problem but simply won't fire up.

We had Green Flag out last night and he tried everything to get her going. Getting fuel but no spark and despite the immobiliser green light not flashing still put it down to it being faulty.

Any ideas as to what I can try when I get home from work later?

Thanks
Dazz

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi All,

We have a 2000 ES Auto CR-V and a couple of weeks ago we had to call in Green Flag as she wasn't starting. The engineer diagnosed it as an immobilizer issue, manually locked and unlocked the car from the drivers side and the car then started.

2 days ago, my wife got half way to work (only 2 miles away) and the car broke down and wouldn't start again. I came to her rescue and it started first time for me.

Yesterday morning it wouldn't start at all. It's not the immobilizer as the little green key light goes out after a couple of seconds. She turns over without a problem but simply won't fire up.

We had Green Flag out last night and he tried everything to get her going. Getting fuel but no spark and despite the immobiliser green light not flashing still put it down to it being faulty.

Any ideas as to what I can try when I get home from work later?

Thanks
Dazz
Do you have a spark from the spark plug loeads when trying to start.

Kev

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kev,

No. The Green Flag chap detected no spark at all. He felt it was an immobiliser issue despite the green light going out after a couple of seconds once they key was inserted in the ignition.

Daz

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do you have a spare key, when my wife had the same problem with a Fiat, she couldn't start it with her key but the spare worked straight away.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Is the battery good? I had intermittent starting problems with my 1.8, ranging from struggling to start to just not turning over. After swapping the battery for a new one all was well.

·
Registered
392 Posts
It could be down to the battery in the key, of it could be that the transponder in the key has failed. A good vehicle locksmith could supply a new key and program a transponder for it, or you could consult your Honda dealer. That's why you have dealers. Otherwise you might as well buy on-line.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dazz,

Might be worth getting a mobile mechanic to give you a proper diagnostic report, otherwise we are guessing to the cause of the problem.

Kev

1 - 10 of 10 Posts