2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car in now 4 weeks old (ES) over the past couple of days every time that I get out of the vehicle I get a shock, my work colleague got his ES at the same time and has the same problem.

Is anyone else having this problem and is there a solution.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Millsman, I also have a 4-week old ES and I have never had a static shock from it. Maybe it's the kind of shoes you're wearing :?:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, thats what I thought but my collegue at work has the same problem, and my wife gets shocked (not a bad thing really;) ) every time we get out of the car

·
Registered
40 Posts
static shocks

hi
i had olso shocks but not any more
when you step out of the car you must keep your hand on the door while you place your feet on the ground then de static is gone
try this it works with me ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I often get a shock when getting out the car, usually when i wear my trainers. I have now taken to close the door with my elbows to avoid the nasty static shock whenever i wear said shoes......it does look a bit silly but it gives the neighbours a laugh anyway ;)

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I used to find myself kicking the door shut, or letting the wife get out first. Now I just hold the metal as I ground my feet.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
It's caused by trousers rubbing against the seat fabric as you get out. As others have mentioned, there are several solutions:
  • Get leather seats.
  • Hold any metal as your first foot touches the ground.
  • Drive around naked.
Things that do not work include:
  • Rubber strips that touch the ground.
  • The above items, even if they have a lightning bolt printed on them.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Ouch you bugger!

I often get shocks when getting out of my ES too, and sometimes that is with me holding onto the roof as I get out and ground myself. Just to make sure, I like to tap my partner so they get the shock too (well it's not fair keeping it to myself now is it?).[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I get shocks all the time.

Especially when I try to close the door - sometimes I close it with my elbow if I can't find anyone else to do it for me.

I don't only get shocks from the car tho' - escalators, buggies, tumble driers and especially other people....beginning to think there is something wrong with me as it can happen regardless of what I am wearing (or not)! :oops:

If anyone has any suggestions to stop it happening so much I would be very grateful.....

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
must admit I to suffer from shocks getting out of the car, will have to alter the way I shut the door,
will try the TC method and push the window :rolleyes:

·
Registered
398 Posts
It's caused by trousers rubbing against the seat fabric as you get out. As others have mentioned, there are several solutions:
  • Get leather seats.
  • Drive around naked.
Naked..???;)

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
  • Get leather seats.
  • Drive around naked.
I have had this probem for years but thanks Pottsy, Naked works a treat!

·
Fallen Angel
1,229 Posts
Yeah not feeling the naked bit....but i too get static shocks.....but not normally wearing trousers or trainers when i get them....high heels and a skirt!!!!!!
Boy do they hurt!!! :( :( :(

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
I've had this problem for years too, on Fords, Toyota, whatever... Get shocks from sisters cars etc. Have tried a lot of things but the thing that works the best is to 'ground' yourself - but I never seem to remember to do it as I get shocks for days, then nothing.... doesn't seem to relate to what I'm wearing... think it is weather related as I got a lot of shocks Sat & sun with the fine dry weather.... any truth in that??

·
Registered
96 Posts
yep get shocks from my type s never had it so much from other cars this is the first honda i have owned ...perhaps it is a honda trait

1 - 20 of 25 Posts