·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone suffer from the car steaming up?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Only if I run for any length of time with the air con off.

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,168 Posts
Is this happening with the recirculation set to flow-through?

Only time my 8G steams up is if I have earlier set it to recirculation because I was behind some old banger with the piston rings gone and have forgotten to set it back.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine steams up before any occupants enter.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,414 Posts
How many miles do you do?

If the inside has become winter damp and hasn't been fully dehumidified by the aircon then what you have is a possibility.

Check your carpets for damp just in case.

You may experience steaming up when first starting out if going from a damp garage before the blower is blowing warm air to the screen.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Give the inside of your windscreen a clean with a good glass polish as a dirty screen is prone more to get condensation and as previously mentioned check that mats/carpets are not damp.

Also a blocked pollen filter can mean the air flow into the car is reduced and causes fogging of glass, so worth checking, the pollen filter should be changed annually/12500 miles.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
have you tried to clean your windows with baby shampoo and water mixed its what they use before tinting glass and cleans them up like new with no streaks and no misting up

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
removed the pollen filter today and gave it a good bash. Chokka with muck. Don't want to buy a new one as it is getting serviced in a couple of months and will receive one then.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I've not had any issues with my car steaming up. I always drive with the climate control on, most of the time it's set to 21, except for really hot summer days when I drop it to 19 or so.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Had this once over the winter, checked the pollen filter and no issues.
Stuck the dehumidifier in there for a while and it's been fine since, must have just been a case of dampness etc from getting in after it's rained.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had this once over the winter, checked the pollen filter and no issues.
Stuck the dehumidifier in there for a while and it's been fine since, must have just been a case of dampness etc from getting in after it's rained.
It's my passengers I think.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Can't really confirm as the vast majority of use is by myself! Maybe I'm just that steamy ;):lol:

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,168 Posts
I've not had any issues with my car steaming up. I always drive with the climate control on, most of the time it's set to 21, except for really hot summer days when I drop it to 19 or so.
Uncanny!

I do exactly the same. 21C with occasional lower temp. To be honest, it's ideal and it is never off. And that may be why the car NEVER EVER steams up.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Uncanny!

I do exactly the same. 21C with occasional lower temp. To be honest, it's ideal and it is never off. And that may be why the car NEVER EVER steams up.
I never switch my air con off. It seems my passengers steam the car up. I must make them hot under the collar.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts