2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Space Ranger
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can you help. I have a 2010 CW type R. I have had it for over 2 months and have noticed that when you turn the wheel when driving it makes this click sound. Is that normal? I had a 2008 Type S and never heard anything.

Your help would be much appreciated

Thanks

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
is it just steering or can you hear it while braking or accelerating?

·
Space Ranger
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The other half says she hears it when she accelerates as well as steer. No the wipers are not on mate when we hear the click. Lol I take it's not common. We got the car from a Honda dealership should they have picked it up?

Thanks for the response guys

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
do a search on here for subframe...as that may be your problem

There is a honda bulletin for it and will be covered under your warranty! i would provide a link but i'm only on my phone at the mo

·
Space Ranger
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I will search for it and see what I find hopefully it's nothing serious thanks for the help

·
Space Ranger
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the link I will check it and call Honda tomorrow

·
Space Ranger
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it a subframe issue which it sounds very much so how long does it take to have fixed if I take it to Honda?

·
Space Ranger
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A weekend job me thinks lol thanks. the car is a 10 plate so will Honda do it under warranty. This website has come up trumps as I would have never had know what it was thanks

·
Space Ranger
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the help

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
A weekend job me thinks lol thanks. the car is a 10 plate so will Honda do it under warranty. This website has come up trumps as I would have never had know what it was thanks
they did mine under the used warrany :)

welcome to :civinfo:

stick a post in the introduce yourself section ;)

·
Space Ranger
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will do mate thanks again

·
regrets his username
7,974 Posts
Leigh did they fix yours under Honda UK warranty or was your warranty still in play at the time, reason I ask I recently took my car to my regular mechanic for an annoying rubber squeak and he found my subframe was really loose and I paid him to sort it, could I have got this sorted free of charge then.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Leigh did they fix yours under Honda UK warranty or was your warranty still in play at the time, reason I ask I recently took my car to my regular mechanic for an annoying rubber squeak and he found my subframe was really loose and I paid him to sort it, could I have got this sorted free of charge then.
Mine had come to the end of its warranty at the time but they still did it as its a known fault. I've managed to get another 12 months free warranty and AA cover free of charge so have another free year of repairs lol

If you get any known fault I'd always go Honda first and try get them do it under warranty and if they won't then go your local mechanics :)

·
B16 OJR
1,015 Posts
Yep sound like subframe to me if it's still under warranty take it in to get it done!!

·
more torque than the mrs
6,640 Posts
if your car is still under warranty then yes they would of fixed it for free.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts