2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one, well my 08 civic type r has devoloped another clunk problem, ive had the car now 4 months and has only started doing this in the last day or two, basicly driving normal going forwards theres no problems, everything feels tight and theres no knocks or anything, it only does it in reverse and when the brakes are applied, i cant hear any clicking or clunking but i can feel it through the steering wheel, i hit the brakes in reverse and i can feel it, its quite a heavy clunk as well but i cant hear anything, any body got any ideas please, it feels to me steering related, its not a cv joint or a drop link i know those noises, can anybody help please.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The clunk happens when already in reverse and slowing down almost at a stop, i lightly hit the brakes to slow down in reverse and just as the car is just about to stop "clunk" it does it everytime, steering wheel position doesnt matter and it only does it in reverse, i cant hear any clink or clank sound with window down just quite a heavy thump felt through the steering wheel, i dont think its the subframe as i can not hear anything, its almost as if something is hitting the colum.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I had something similar when my rotors were warped and my pads had worn unevenly. The brakes would grab at very low speed and gentle braking just before i stopped. Happened for me only forwards. I would check your pads and discs first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts