2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place - it's my first time here so go easy ;)

After nursing my civic along with the same slipping LuK clutch/DMF issue that most people face, I decided to replace all the necessary parts when I got to 141k. It was becoming an issue accelerating at any good pace and I found all the necessary parts I needed on Amazon going very cheap (brand new too).

I had a local garage fit the DMF and the SAC clutch kit (both LuK).. as I thought 141k wasn't too bad for an original setup on a 2006 model. Everything works fine and there's no slip - the only issue I face is that engine noise is now making its way into the car from the foot-well area, which I determined to be the steering column grommet coming loose when they removed the sub-frame which typically pulls on the steering rack and thus dislodges the gaitor/grommet.

I'm including a shot of the grommet from the inside of the car and wanted to know if this looked right? (turns out I can't submit links on my first post - any ideas how to get around this?) Or should some of this rubber be above the metal of the bulkhead and not below?

Any advice would be magic.

Best wishes,

Inceys

1 - 1 of 1 Posts