2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

In the last 2 weeks I've noticed that if I'm moving slowly/stopped and turning the steering wheel I can hear and feel something creaking.

I'm wondering if its the power steering belt, the best way I can describe the sound, its the same as sitting down and a leather belt on your trousers creaking!

Anyone experienced the same thing? I assume its a trip to the dealers, but I'm curious as to what it could possibly be. The steering itself is fine.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it to the dealers today, they said they greased all the boots and it should be better...I drove away, and it was EXACTLY THE SAME. The idea of fixing something is that it should be better than when you started.

They also needed to order a new door seal for me, which is what I told them I needed when I booked it. I could have forgiven that, but with the creaking steering I'm annoyed.

Why do I bother?

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I've been getting the exact same noise. It appears as if its coming from my nearside wheel. Last time I put the car in the mechanic said that it was needing the bump stops replaced. Not surprisingly this hasn't worked and its still making the same noise.

Warranty is almost up so it'll be going back in shortly with a whole list of things to check and fix. If I do have any success in getting to the bottom of it I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Not sure what the noise is but its not the power steering belt because its electric power steering

·
Registered
39 Posts
mine suspension strut top swivel bearing was also replaced regarding this noise.
Now i have some different noise comming dirrectly from the stering wheel. It is very low and outside of vehicle it is not noticable (before the baring replacement, it was noticable and you could easy say, that it came from the top strut bearing).

It is probably some ring behind the sterring wheel.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Car went in for checks and they greased the top swivel bearing which stopped the noise for about a day. They've assured me that when it goes in for a service on the 29th that they'll take off the strut and check the bearing.

They've also ordered me my 4th set of Altimo alloys as they are corroding again and I also noticed that the wiper arms are corroding at the point where they hinge. Looks like they'll be replaced also.

There's very little that's not been replaced on this car!!

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Just few days before i noticed strange sound coming from pasengers side front wheel arch when im turning, it hapened few times and diaspaer and never heard again. do you think i need to tell my dealer about it when it is going for the third services? or just leave it like this until it comes again >?

·
Registered
10 Posts
mine makes a creaking noise, did 4 ages, went away for a few days but came back after a took it to car wash. still waiting to go to honda to get a million things done, mines is lower on the other side now!

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Just few days before i noticed strange sound coming from pasengers side front wheel arch when im turning, it hapened few times and diaspaer and never heard again. do you think i need to tell my dealer about it when it is going for the third services? or just leave it like this until it comes again >?
I'd let your dealer know and get them to check it so that they have it recorded. At least if they don't find a problem it'll be on their records for future reference if required.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I have a funny sound too, it happens when the car has been left for some time and when i'm driving / turning for the first few minutes then stops, but for me its more of a squeeking noise, almost like the tyres rubbing on something, similar to when you pull the tube end of a balloon and let the air squeel out.

Is this the same issue or something else?

Henry

·
Registered
107 Posts
mine makes the same creaking noise, its going in on friday to get it sorted but i can't remember what they said it was, sorry lol. i will find out when it goes in

Liz xx

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The creaking has got louder and its started to come from the rear now, I've no idea what it is, but I'll get it booked into the dealership for the 3rd time.

I'm sorry to say that I can't wait to replace this car.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Min did this when it was two weeks old. Took them four attempts to hear it. In the end it was the reack making the noise.
whats the reack? I'm a little worried about this since I'm driving to newcastle this weekend, It shouldn't be a problem but I won't have time to get the car seen to before I leave, due to work etc. I heard it again today leaving work... it is worrying... I just hope nothing falls off or breaks whilst driving on the motorway.

If someone finds out what this is/gets it fixed. please let me know. My car is just over a week old. done over 400 miles.

TIA,
Henry

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
whats the rack? sorry but I'm not to most mechanically minded person around. Thanks for trying to help thought, much appreciated.:)

·
Registered
235 Posts
have same problem and I am thinking about Bulletin 1136. during next week I am going to clarify, if this solves the problem.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts