2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

Got a quick (hopefully) query with the Type R that I'm hoping someone out there can help me with. There are a couple of threads on here regarding this issue but all are pretty inconclusive so trying again.

Last night I noticed a creaking sound almost like sound of rubber stretching or rubbing against something coming from the left hand side wheel arch area. The sound doesn't seem to happen when the car is cold, only when warm and its only currently noticeable at low speeds, when parking and when stationary.

Initially with all the weather we've been having I thought it was perhaps dirt or something caught somewhere but after some research on the forum its looking like it could be a number of things:

1. Droplinks/bushings
2. Bump stops
3. Shocks
4. Subframe

Anyway, the car was in for its MOT this morning and knowing the mechanic I asked him to have a look if he got a chance and see if they could work out where it was coming from.

Picked the car up (passed the MOT with flying colours) and they couldn't find the creak and everything underneath looked fine - no broken rubbers, seals, leaks etc and that they couldn't hear the noise. Right enough no abnormal sounds leaving the garage. Everything seemed fine until I got back to work and the creaking has returned.

Plan on cleaning up the subframe tonight and checking all the bolts to try and start eliminating any possibilities.

Wondering if anyone has had any recent dealings with an issue like this, has any clue on what it could be and any possible fix solutions.

Cheers! :D

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strut mounts might be gone.
Just seen this reply, I thought this also, however after being reassured by a trusted mechanic I thought it could have been the bump stops.

Actually since posting this the sound has disappeared altogether so its a worry for another day at the minute.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Mine did the same thing,and I never bothered replacing the strut mounts. I think it might be weather related, because like you I've no noise at the moment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts