2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where the problem is coming from. But Ive noticed when turning the steering wheel slowly on uneven surfaces I feel a clunk through the wheel. The wheel also goes light for a fraction of a second, occurs between 10 and 2 o'clock on the wheel. Hope its not a steering rack problem.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not sure where the problem is coming from. But Ive noticed when turning the steering wheel slowly on uneven surfaces I feel a clunk through the wheel. The wheel also goes light for a fraction of a second, occurs between 10 and 2 o'clock on the wheel. Hope its not a steering rack problem.

Same problem here in my 1.8.. but just the part of the clunk, when turning slowly in a cobbled street, and it's only when turning right..... like to know either where's the problem...

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Same problem here in my 1.8.. but just the part of the clunk, when turning slowly in a cobbled street, and it's only when turning right..... like to know either where's the problem...

Both sound like drop links , cheap and easy fix if it is

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
The EPS can knock a bit. If my car is stood and I move the wheel left/right I hear a knock, but it's a mechanics of the rack and is normal.

But of course there are 5 or 6 ball joints at either side. You may want to check for play in those.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hope its not too serious. Going to get dealer to check it out next week.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I went to the dealer they said it was normal. I dont think so, I believe it might to do with the anti roll bars or drop links.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts