2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just today my steering wheel controls aren't doing what they're meant to. It's been fine for ages only today problem started to occue
For example if I press the volume up button my volume goes lower..
If I press the ch + button the volume goes louder.. If I press the mode button it's goes to next track. It was never like this at all

What could be wrong. ..
I'm guessing the wires in the back of the HU.. Could be becoming loose as it's a very tight fit?

·
Registered
625 Posts
So just today my steering wheel controls aren't doing what they're meant to. It's been fine for ages only today problem started to occue
For example if I press the volume up button my volume goes lower..
If I press the ch + button the volume goes louder.. If I press the mode button it's goes to next track. It was never like this at all

What could be wrong. ..
I'm guessing the wires in the back of the HU.. Could be becoming loose as it's a very tight fit?
Hi, I had the exact same problem. I bought a new pioneer patch cable and it solved the problem. Its only a few quid delivered. 1 of the black cables came loose in the connector

Pioneer Patch Lead

If yours isn't a pioneer unit than just get another patch cable for your unit and see if it solves your problem. Or one of the solder joints on the connector in the black box that the cable plugs in to could of become dry/cracked. This is very common with lead free solder on new PCB boards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts