2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All

I am in the market for a crook / steering wheel lock for m 9G. Have read on another thread that the Disklok https://www.disklokuk.co.uk/ is the one to have but this was only two opinions. Would also appreciate knowing what size fits, I can measure but if someone has one that proves it works. The one downside for me is the weight of it, 4.5ish KG which is a heavy lump of metal to pick up.

Does anone have any views. Would be interested in other options that people have tried. I'm looking to buy in the next couple of days.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Seriously, id call your insurance and ask what on their system is the preferred steering lock. Be interesting to hear what they say!

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Disklok is Thatcham approved and is recommended by the police too as the best mechanical/physical protection. Recognised by most insurance companies.
I have one, it's really not that heavy, easy enough to fit and remove, I do it outside of the car which makes life easier with it.

Reactions: conroe452

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Bones

Thanks a lot for replying. It seems to be the preferred lock from other forums also. Do you know the size of the one you have as they sell 3. I can always measure the wheel of course.

Thanks a lot

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Hello Bones

Thanks a lot for replying. It seems to be the preferred lock from other forums also. Do you know the size of the one you have as they sell 3. I can always measure the wheel of course.

Thanks a lot

No worries, I believe mine is the car size small. Will check when I go to the car next.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Hello Bones
Thanks a lot
Hi @conroe452 , Mine is as suspected a small one :surprise:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts