2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if anyone else has an off centre steering wheel. Like when you are going straight as possible, the steering wheel should be aligned but mine is everso slightly and I mean slightly, down on the left side. Gararage checked tracking but said all is ok? Is it a problem or an easy fix?

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Steering Wheel Off Centre

Hi Julioarca.
Had "Exactly" the same thing with my Civic from brand new.
At first I thought it was just me imagining it, but after about 15 months decided to take the plunge and get it sorted.
Did not go to my dealer but searched on line for any garage that had the "Hunter" 4 wheel alignment equipment.
I found Station Road Garage in Castleford, West Yorkshire & they sorted it for me. The steering wheel is Dead Centre now.
They told me that it was all to to with "Toe In" & apparently some cars can even leave the factory with this slightly out of alignment!
Hope this helps.
Cheers Ray

·
Registered
179 Posts
I know what you mean, it's so annoying! It actually seems quite hard to get the wheel perfectly centred. I had a similar issue after my dealer messed it up last year, they reluctantly retracked it but still wasn't right. I finally got it retracked last month at a local tyre fitters and it's now perfect. Took a couple of goes though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts