2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched to see if anyone else has experienced this but couldn't find anything. I noticed as I was driving along the motorway the other day that my steering wheel is no longer straight when I am driving in a straight line.
It is now slightly to the left but it still seems to drive fine; if I let go of the wheel it goes in a straight line, and there are no signs of any uneven tyre wear.
I don't recall any knocks that could have affected the steering mechanism, so is there any other cause of this? Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
You can't insuate that Pottsy !! ;)
Quite right. When we flew into Heathrow on Sunday night we had a woman pilot and I have to say that it was the hardest bumpiest landing. I was surprised that the aircraft had any landing gear left after slamming into the ground several times.[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Does your wife ever drive the car?
This is interesting as the Girlfriends car has the steering slightly to the left :confused:

what does this mean :rolleyes:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, I thought maybe pj's wife was called Sabine...

If someone else has driven the car, maybe it has seen a bit of kerb action.

View attachment 14956
I've seen Sabine on Top Gear .... what a driver!
My wife does drive slightly slower than her but has not driven my car recently.
There are also no signs on the wheels of a kerbing and it still drives straight, but it seems like I need to get it checked out.
Thanks everyone for the feedback

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Does your wife ever drive the car?

Not really worthy of you, Pottsy.

(Yes, I know you're being flippant and jokey. It's just that tired, old stereotypes don't need any more support that they already get elsewhere...especially on your own wonderful site.)

·
Registered
61 Posts
My civic 2.2 came from the dealer, with the steering wheel a bit to the left, i was so excite at the time that i did not notice the problem...
Some weeks later i discover the problem, i did a check up and the wheels were aligned, they set the steering wheel in the proper position and made some adjustments underneath the car, now its ok! Bad assembly, i suppose...:(

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Not really worthy of you, Pottsy.

(Yes, I know you're being flippant and jokey. It's just that tired, old stereotypes don't need any more support that they already get elsewhere...especially on your own wonderful site.)
Yes - it was said in jest... A purely flippant way of asking if anyone else had driven the car and not reported a kerbing.

·
geekess
3,638 Posts

·
R - 11859
625 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Quite right. When we flew into Heathrow on Sunday night we had a woman pilot and I have to say that it was the hardest bumpiest landing. I was surprised that the aircraft had any landing gear left after slamming into the ground several times.[smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

Completely irrelevent but you reminded me of an amusing story. 2 years ago on a flight to Barcelona me and the missus encountered some CAT and the plane dropped several hundred feet instantly, most where rather alarmed and after a making a quip about a "woman pilot" the surrounding passengers spend the rest of the flight staring at me in a very menacing way.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Just came back from Lanzarote earlier in October and on our flight back, rather than taxi to the end of the runway, sit there and then accelerate to take-off speed, the Pilot accelerated AS we were taxi-ing onto the runway, literally as we were going round a 90 degree bend, the plan felt like it was almost at take-off speed as it straightened out!!! We got back some 40 minutes early and when we landed and disenbarked, the pilot cam out of the cockpit - sounding old now but he looked as if he was about 10. Thats slEasy Jet for you........

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
Just came back from Lanzarote earlier in October and on our flight back, rather than taxi to the end of the runway, sit there and then accelerate to take-off speed, the Pilot accelerated AS we were taxi-ing onto the runway, literally as we were going round a 90 degree bend, the plan felt like it was almost at take-off speed as it straightened out!!! We got back some 40 minutes early and when we landed and disenbarked, the pilot cam out of the cockpit - sounding old now but he looked as if he was about 10. Thats slEasy Jet for you........
Presumably Torsion Beam rear suspension then ? [smilie=cheeky-grin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts